Sometimes my thoughts take over my brain and I cannot sleep because there is too much to think about. This happens more often than I would like to admit. I am fairly certain that I am not the only person here that has troubles with sleep on occasion. I’ve devised a list of things I do to help my brain slow down.
Things To Do When Your Thoughts Won’t Leave you: Volume I
– Read a fluffy book, nothing serious that’s going to make you think hard
– Watch a movie that you’ve already seen
– Listen to music and think of only the lyrics
– Watch your favourite TV show
– Pin everything that you find interesting on pinterest
– Find a good blog/tumblr and read all the pages
– Watch the vlogbrothers on youtube
– Watch anything on youtube
– Clean your room
– Do not think of all the things you must do tomorrow
– Turn off the lights and lay in bed. Think of all the beautiful places you want to one day visit.
– Do not facebook stalk everyone you know, this will make you think more
– Write a list of the things you must do/are worried about so you needn’t think of them until morning
– Journal. Write down every single thing in your mind. Once it’s on the paper it’s not in your mind.
– Watch the Breakfast Club
reading recommendation – fight club – chuck palahniuk